Erick advises corporate, governmental, and multiemployer health and retirement plans on all manner of employee benefits issues. He has advised as to the design and administration of benefits plans, drafted plan documents, policies, and procedures, negotiated vendor contracts and investment agreements, represented health plans in litigation for claim denials, and represented retirement plans seeking IRS approval to correct errors in plan administration. Erick’s work has also focused on:
- Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act compliance
- Compliance with sex discrimination laws, including Title VII and ACA §1557
- IRS corrections under EPCRS
- Assessing and resolving disputes over withdrawal liability against employers withdrawing from multiemployer pension plans
- Determining beneficiary status in contested claims to deceased participants’ retirement accounts
Hailing from Eagle River, Alaska, Erick spends much of his time outdoors—rowing crew, climbing, skiing, or wandering Washington with his dog, Cooper.