Emily works with corporate, governmental, and multiemployer health and retirement plans on a variety of employee benefit issues. Her experience includes assisting with the design, modification, and administration of benefits such as drafting plan documents and policies, advising on benefit structures and fiduciary issues, and negotiating benefit provider contracts.
Emily’s work also focuses on:
- Benefit plan compliance with DOL cybersecurity guidance, including negotiating cybersecurity terms in vendor contracts and advising on vendor risk assessments and plan policies
- Implementing the No Surprises Act and Transparency in Coverage rules, including plan disclosure and reporting obligations
- IRS Determination Letter applications and corrections under EPCRS
- Administration of Qualified Domestic Relations Orders
- Health and dependent care FSA administration issues
Prior to joining MMPL, Emily taught elementary school band in Tucson, Arizona before seeking out rain and law school in the Pacific Northwest. Outside of work, she can be found teaching her dog, Ezri, pointless but adorable tricks.